The Faculty of Medicine of Lleida has a tradition of over 700 years and is the oldest of the Crown of Aragon, and the fourth of the Iberian Peninsula. Created in 1300 by the king Jaume II, it is the first faculty of the peninsula where dissections of corpses and legal autopsies were performed.
Currently the Faculty of Medicine of Lleida has modern spaces adapted to the learning model that establishes the High Education European Area. These spaces are equipped with the latest teaching and research equipment: computer rooms, dissection rooms, laboratories and the videoconferencing room are some examples.
The Faculty staff consists of researchers from the Biomedical Research Institute of Lleida (IRBLleida) and medical doctors from Hospitals of Lleida Province: Arnau de Vilanova, Santa Maria, Tremp, La Seu and Vielha. They offer an excellent teaching, personal development and personal relationships.
The large amount of agreements for the collaboration with several universities around the world becomes an excellent network for the mobility of the students.
The Faculty of Medicine is involved in the development of the territory using the health services network, the development of a competitive biomedical research and collaborating in the improvement of the quality of the health service.
Its dimension, its urban mobility plan, the good communications and a privileged geographic situation make Lleida an ideal city for university students to live.
The Faculty of Medicine of Lleida is an excellent future option for all the young students that want to become doctors, biomedical researchers or nutritionists and dieticians.
The Dean on behalf of all the professorate, PAS members and students, invite you to take part of this project that is called Faculty of Medicine of Lleida.